We are looking for an experienced Cost Lawyer/Law Cost Draftsman who has at least two years’ experience in drafting bills. This will including preparing Claim 1A form, Claim 1 forms, Legal Aid Bills of Costs, Inter Parties Bills of Costs and billing on the Legal Aid Agency’s CCMS system. We are looking for a Costs Lawyer/Law Costs Draftsman with sufficient experience to hit the ground running.
Key Skills Required:
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent numerical skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
• Excellent IT skills with ability to process information using relevant software (spreadsheets)
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to): -
• Preparing Claim 1/Claim 1A forms for submission to the Legal Aid Agency
• Preparing Legal Aid Bills of Costs (and assessment procedure including EX80A/EX80B forms and the post assessment Claim 1 or Claim 1As)
• Six Column Legal Aid/Inter Parties’ Bills of Costs (and assessment procedure)
• Legal Aid Agency CCMS billing (including recording outcomes, submitting interim bills and submitting final bills)
• High Cost Case Plans (both full versions and events based versions)
Area of Law:
• Domestic Abuse
• Private Law Children
• Ancillary Relief and Divorce
• Public Law Children (including Emergency Protection, Care and Supervision, Adoption and Contact with a Child in Care)
• Legal Help
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its