PIP Disability Assessor – Plymouth
Salaries up to £32,000
Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
Office Hours (No Weekends, nights or shifts + all Bank Holidays off)
Full or Part-Time
Adept Recruitment is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
Our client is offering an exciting opportunity to work as a Disability Assessor based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will enjoy an excellent remuneration and benefits package plus an incredible career path. Progression can take a number of different avenues due to the continually growing sector so it’s an exciting time to join and be part of this team of people moving forward.
The role will require you to conduct face-to-face assessments with Personal Independence Payment (PiP) claimants on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Using your clinical knowledge and decision-making abilities you will produce a report based on your findings that will be used by the DWP in the decision making process.
You will be dealing with a broad spectrum of people so the job will always remain challenging and interesting as the needs of each individual will be so varied.
This is also an ideal opportunity for you to enhance and develop your assessment, clinical and reporting skills.
Full comprehensive training is provided plus ongoing support throughout your career to achieve your personal and professional goals.
If you prefer a role that would have more travel regionally – look at our Regional Pip Disability Assessor roles – where starting salaries are higher. (Travel would be maximum 1.5 hours from your home – and travel time is included as part of your working day)
Experience and skills require
- We can accept applications from Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD), Paramedics,
Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Must be NMC / HCPC registered
- Must be IT competent - typing, MS packages etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary as an Assessor as full comprehensive training is provided with full
- Salary from day one.
Salary and Benefits include:
- Starting salaries up to £32,000
- After 9 months salary will increase by £1,000 and after 18 months by a further £1,000
- Excellent work life balance (Monday to Friday) - no nights, weekends or bank holidays are
- Annual salary reviews and performance based salary uplifts
- Fantastic prospects for promotion and professional growth
- Professional body fee reimbursement (NMC & HCPC)
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection insurance, pension scheme,
personal accident insurance and professional indemnity insurance
- CPD and re-validation support with protection and training on a regular basis
To apply for this role please forward a CV or call Jay Gibbons for more information.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Emp