Costs Analyst / Defendant Costs Lawyer
Established costs firm based in London that deals with both Claimant and Defendant costs work across many legal disciplines.
The firm has an excellent reputation for ensuring the best possible outcomes for their clients by working to a very high standard.
They offer a flexible working environment with up to 3 days a week working from home if you chose.
Overview of the Role
- Specialism in civil litigation costs.
- Responsible for your own caseload of costs matters.
- The ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Read, consider and analyse clients’ files to assess the claim for costs.
- Formulate arguments to support any challenges to the costs claimed and enter into negotiations where required.
- Deal with all aspects of the costs litigation including applications and advocacy at hearings.
- Manage work in accordance with service level agreements and accurately capture data on our case management system.
- Communicate effectively with various parties including insurance companies, solicitors and third parties.
- Understanding of the law relating to Costs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A confident telephone manner is a must.
- Confident outgoing personality with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of staff and clients.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage own case load.
- Good attention to detail; ability to learn quickly and work conscientiously.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of it's Clients.