Children’s Home Manager
- Location: Hemsworth (Commutable from Leeds, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Bradford, Huddersfield and Sheffield)
- Position: Home Manager
- Types of Care: EBD Residential Home
- Service: Children’s
- Salary: £40,000
- Shifts: Full Time – Office Hours
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: 28900
We have an exciting and unique role for an ambitious and independent Registered Manager with experience in a residential Children's Home. Do you have the ability, drive and vision to grow and develop a high quality service then this role is for you.
Our client currently setting up a brand new residential children’s homes in Hemsworth West Yorkshire. The Registered Managers will be responsible for the assessment and intervention of the young people which will integrate the home with therapy and education. The homes will be truly exceptional and will set new standards for residential child care. The homes will take a holistic approach to care with a dedicated team of therapists and an OFSTED registered private school.
About The Company
Company is an established and expanding provider of person centred care for young people who are in need of developing skills to successfully live independent lives.
The company and its people adhere to simple values - Professionalism, Reliability and Care. Consistently delivering on these Values has enabled the business to build a good reputation with local authority Children's Services across the county, which in turn, has enabled the business to expand significantly since it's inception.
What We Offer
• basic salary of £40,000
• opportunity to become a key member of a growing and innovative organisation with huge development opportunities
• excellent training
• support from a highly experienced and multi disciplinary team
• contributory pension
• 264 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Scope of Role: To be the OFSTED Registered Manager and to lead in the opening of a brand new Children's Home. As the Registered Manager you will maintain the Therapeutic Ethos as outlined in the homes Statement of Purpose and ensure that the home gains an OFSTED rating of Good or Outstanding.
• recruitment and selection of a staff team;
• managing referrals and welcoming young people to the home;
• supervising a team of colleagues;
• working in collaboration with the local authorities and promoting our service;
• providing reports, records and updates; ensuring the standards and cleanliness of the home; supporting and preparing for inspections and communicating with OFSTED; managing a budget; promoting the company Values;
• Worked in a Residential Children's Home for at least 2 years in a Senior Position (Registered Manager or Deputy Manager)
• Hold minimum qualifications as described in the Children's Homes Regulations 2015
• Minimum of two positive Children’s Residential Home Ofsted Reports
• An understanding around the extensive legislation relating to safeguarding young people and residential care
• Reliable, organised, analytical and have good problem solving skills
• Experience of working with young people who present challenging behaviour
• Experience in managing a budget.
• Committed, dedicated and able to meet the flexible working hours the role demands.
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• Previous experience of Managing or Opening a residential children's home