Respected personal injury law firm based in the South of England.
Outline of role
Working in personal injury team, handling caseload of high value pi and clinical negligence costs.
- Minimum of 2 years experience within this area either from an in-house or agency background
- Ability to maintain own case load
- Strong understanding of Caselaw and CPR
- Membership of the ACL is advantageous not essential
- Knowledge of costs budgeting
- Dealing with own caseload of claimant/defendant costs files.
- You need to be driven and accurate with the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Day to day duties
- Acting for both Claimant and Defendant clients within Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury and Solicitor Own Client and commercial disputes
- Preparation of budgets, Precedent R and dealing with objections raised by their opponents and advising lawyers both throughout the budgeting process and at Case Management Conferences
- Drafting Bills of Costs/Schedules of Costs use of the electronic bill of costs
- Preparation of Costs schedules and Estimates
- Preparation of Points of Reply to dispute
- Attending detailed assessment hearings at Court
- Responsible for handling Negotiations of costs to settlement
- Dealing with complex technical arguments
- Prioritising your workload and working to strict deadlines
- Handling Complex CFA and CCFA matters
- Advising clients on cost recovery
- Building strong and professional relationships with clients
- Using Microsoft Office/ Excel,
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its