Job Title: Financial Operations Analyst
This role will provide operational support to the Accounting function for the London office and several other offices supported within the global business. This is a varied role ensuring numerous deadlines are met, system controls are maintained, support and troubleshooting is managed and excess workloads are serviced. You will assist with automating functions and delivering projects to include user acceptance testing and post project support. There will be exposure to many areas of Accounting for all offices supported including day to day transactional accounting, systems, projects, reconciliations, processes and controls.
• Key point of contact for local Chrome River platform to include troubleshooting, approving invoice/expense claims, importing of data and maintenance of local approval structure. Provide Chrome River technical support as needed.
• Maintain up to date Chrome River approval roles at all levels and GL coding chart.
• Assist with ongoing implementation of Chrome River expense and invoice roll out for a number of offices supporting by London.
• Assist with automating the London travel company invoice and approval process using Chrome River
• Assist with automating credit card imports and approval process using Chrome River
• Oversee weekly/monthly recharges/file uploads of various costs to include: catering recharges, taxi/courier uploads, global cost recharges.
• Generate invoices to recharge adhoc/non client service costs as required.
• Work with vendors as required to adopt and implement streamlined data import files.
• Manipulation of excel data files into formats ready to upload into Aderant. Develop new formats as required.
• To ensure delivery of a variety of routine and deadline driven tasks to include reporting and external filings
• Analysis and updates of various key financial information to support the London Fincom Committee, client residual balances, client exposure data, provisioning data and other ad hoc reporting (using SQL) as required
• Maintain and enhance the Accounting intranet ensuring organisation charts, policies and content is up to date.
• Act as an administrator to trouble shoot queries and maintain user access for a number of sub systems/applications.
• Reconciliation of various P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
• Provide financial operations support to international offices as required.
• To assist with accounting processes for other international offices as required.
• Work on various Finance projects which are all at different life stages.
• Provide support in finance operational areas for the Firm's annual LLP audit.
• Supervise and mentor the Finance Operations apprentice, including meeting with the training provider and ensuring they are gaining the relevant experience for their studies. Monitor progress and address any gaps in experience and performance.
• Assist with departmental business planning and maintain documentation
• Provide support and holiday cover within Financial Operations as required.
• Any other Ad hoc duties
The above list of tasks and responsibilities aims to give a general overview of the type of activities this role involves and is not intended to be a comprehensive list, subject to the needs of the Firm this job description may be reviewed from time to time.
Qualifications: Accounting & Finance Degree Part Qualified – ACCA, ACA or CIMA
Experience working within a partn