To take responsibility for the financial strategy and planning, along with the day to day management of artsdepot financial affairs, whilst ensuring the maintenance of adequate and appropriate systems of financial control.
- Strategy & Planning
- Develop and implement financial policies of artsdepot alongside the Director and Board of Trustees
- Develop and implement the Business Plan with the Director, to meet the needs of the overall business
- Formulate and plan with the Director and Heads of Department the annual budget
- Develop, implement and review creative systems to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of artsdepot
- Provide sound financial advice to the Board of Trustees, Director and Senior Management Group
- To take responsibility for monthly and annual financial management and accounts of artsdepot
- Co-ordinate the preparation of budgets within an appropriate financial framework to meet strategic objectives.
- Monitor progress against all plans and forecasts to ensure that information is provided regularly to evidence progress towards the achievement of targets
- Assist the Director in preparing financial Budgets and reports for the Director, Board and funding bodies including cash flow monitoring; providing narrative for management accounts as required to support financial decision making
- To manage the day to day relationship with the external Auditors, preparing draft accounts for audits in line with Charity SORP
- To maintain all accounts and records in line with the Companies Act, Charity Commissioners, Customs and Excise and artsdepot funding bodies
- To maintain all bookkeeping and financial administration including PAYE and NIC
- To manage and reconcile artsdepot Bank accounts
- To prepare and reconcile VAT returns and refunds
- To maintain the Sales & Purchase ledgers
- Financial Controls
- Ensure that appropriate financial framework is in place to guide financial decision making
- Establish maintain and monitor effective financial accounting and control procedures including the regular review of artsdepot policies relating to financial procedures.
- Act as custodian of artsdepot finances to ensure the Board, Director and Senior Management Team are properly informed of all financial matters including assessment of risk
- As part of the Senior Management Group attend regular meetings and contribute to the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures and budgets and to the overall management of artsdepot in order to ensure an ongoing, viable commercial operation.
- Support the Senior Management Group with their budgetary responsibilities
- Recruit and introduce staff to the work of the Department to ensure that required standards are achieved.
- Monitor the performance and potential of staff and ensure the necessary direction and training are provided.
- Manage the Departments budget in compliance with artsdepot procedures, ensuring timely reporting, and authorise expenditure up to agreed levels.
- Represent artsdepot with external stakeholders and the wider arts community, building constructive relationships to further the work and income of artsdepot.
- Ensure regular communication with members of the Senior Management Group, the Department, other members of staff and contractors and suppliers to facilitate the smooth operation of the venue