OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
A highly respected international law firm.
The firm offers excellent prospects for progression and our culture provides all our people with word-class support to achieve their ambitions and goals.
Committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment. It is the policy to consider all candidates fairly, regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability. We support an agile working environment and are happy to discuss flexible working.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will form part of the Commercial Accounting Team. Key objectives of the role include:
• Provide commercial, financial and analytical support to the practice groups, providing financial analysis for the Commercial Accountants and other stakeholders designed to drive the right behaviors that enhance profitability.
• Support Commercial Accountants and Analysts in scrutinising the financial performance of the practice groups through regular and ad hoc reporting requirements.
• Provide client reporting support to Marketing & Business Development. Dealing with requests for data, providing and developing relevant reporting and analysis.
• Provide pricing support to the Commercial Accountants to ensure we win profitable work.
• Support wider projects and initiatives led by Commercial Accounting designed to enhance the financial performance of the firm.
• Become a champion for the matter planning process, as part of a wider push to promote good financial discipline.
• Provide support for aspects of the budgeting and forecasting process.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will have:
• Good Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Resource Management skills (the ability to work by themselves)
• A high focus on quality of service delivery to internal clients
• People skills – must be a strong team player
• Good communication skills (distilling financial information to non-financial stakeholders).
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with users at all levels within the firm.
• A flexible, can-do attitude
• Started studying towards a formal finance qualification and/or have experience of working within a professional services environment, though this is not essential.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.