An international law firm with offices in 11 countries throughout the world and a large office based in the City of London close to Liverpool Street. They are a great company that invest in their staff and encourage training and development and internal promotion.
Outline of role
The role reports to the Chief Financial Officer, within a London based accounts department of 23. In addition there are 20 accounts personnel outside London.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Partnership and Taxation Accountant ensuring that the partner’s financial affairs are always kept up-to-date and managed well. This includes capital, current and taxation accounts for each of the firms’ 145 partners across the various offices of the firm.
The successful applicant ideally will be a qualified accountant with knowledge of partnership affairs and an advanced knowledge of excel.
This is a key role within the Finance Department and will involve much liaison with the firms’ partners and also staff across all offices and as such, effective communication skills are essential.
Day to day duties
· Liaising with the firms bankers with regards to partnership capital accounts;
· Ensuring monthly drawings are calculated correctly and paid;
· Preparation of the partners tax, capital and current accounts; ensuring partners statements are reconciled and kept up to date with Aderant accounting system;
· Initial preparation of UK partnership tax computations and partner tax reserves;
· Liaising with third-party advisers reviewing the LLP’s Partnership Tax Computation, managing their review and dealing with any queries which may arise;
· Liaising with both internal and third party advisers abroad so as to help provide information to complete overseas tax returns. Ensuring these are filed on a timely basis and all overseas taxes paid or reclaimed as necessary;
· Preparation of tax disclosure notes in the accounts of the LLP and abroad on an annual basis; liaising with colleagues in the Finance, Operations and HR teams and with auditors, as appropriate;
· Preparation of Partners Individual annual Tax Returns and ensuring that tax is paid on time;
· Liaising with third-party advisers in the UK and worldwide for the preparation of seconded staff and partners’ Tax Return and reconciling seconded staff and partners’ tax equalisation calculations annually;
· Preparation of annual PSA (PAYE Settlement Agreement); and
· Assisting in various ad hoc projects and planning for the LLP and Group as they arise and staying informed of any major changes to tax legislation
· The above is not an exhaustive list.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as a