Our client is an International Law firm based in the city and they seek a Commercial Accountant to join their team. This role will be to support the partners and senior associates within the Dispute Resolution and Corporate practice areas with their strategic and operational decision making through financial analysis, insights and behavioural changes that drive increased profitability.
· To invest in and develop close relationships with the partners within the Corporate and Dispute Resolution groups
· To have a deep understanding of all aspects of the strategic and financial drivers and performance of your practice group including Pipeline and Working Capital.
· To improve partner understanding of what they need to do to increase profitability and help them make those changes.
· To provide monthly analysis and commentaries that focus on action and improved performance.
· To work with the partners within your groups to research the wider financial context and identify developments within the markets they operate in and changes which will have an impact on their practice areas.
· To gain an understanding of the products of the respective practice groups in order to support the Corporate and Dispute Resolution departments with the pricing of their products including the supporting and driving of the Cost Management tools.
· To provide ad-hoc analysis and financial modeling that drives improved financial performance and increased profitability.
· To understand and be involved in the setting of the strategic direction of the practice groups.
The successful candidate will be a Finalist/Qualified accountant / qualified by experience
They must demonstrate strong negotiating and influencing abilities
Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills, both written and oral. This role will involve disseminating financial information to non-financial senior managers and delivering regular presentations
Ability to work to tight deadlines and at times under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
Excellent MS Office skills, particularly with Excel
If this sounds like a role that you may be interested in or you wish to have a confidential career discussion; please send us your CV with current salary details and notice period.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.