One of the world's most prestigious business schools based in London. The school has excellent academic strength which drives original and provocative business thinking which has helped shape business practice and transform careers across the globe.
Outline of role
- Provide support to faculty in the application for and management of research grants
- Managing and developing the financial support of internal research budgets including research centres
- Provide training and development support to the Business Analyst - Research
Work alongside the Fundraising and Research Manager in redesigning and realigning the resources, systems and processes to meet the growing needs of Faculty Office in respect of research and the Advancement team who are responsible for fundraising and alumni relations
- Ideally a graduate holding a part or full professional accounting qualification
- Experience of research administration within the Higher Education sector preferred
- Previous involvement in process improvement projects and managing change
Day to day duties
- Manage the process around externally funded research grants to ensure support provided to faculty
- Pre-Award: advise faculty regarding funder specific financial guidelines, financial policies reporting costs.
- Grant Agreement:
- Post-Award: facilitate opening of a dedicated cost centre, and funding workbook, provide quarterly updates
- Update and maintain a schedule of research grants
- Define and implement a budgeting and forecasting process
- Supervise and develop the Business Analyst
Delivery of Management Information
- Provide regular reports
- Support management through budget, forecast and year end processes
- Ensure key issues including risks and opportunities are highlighted where appropriate
Work with Fundraising and Research Manager to:
- Review and update documentation to ensure that the 'as is' situation is accurately captured across both Research and Advancement activity
- Identify process linkages across Business Analysis, Business Partnering and Central Accounts teams and ensure end to end processes are fully captured
- Identify opportunities to improve and simplify processes and procedures and opportunities for systems improvements
- Implement agreed changes
- Review policies and procedures to ensure that these are kept aligned with new ways of working.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003. Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Cl