Adept Recruitment is a leading provider of permanent recruitment solutions to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors across the UK and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
Our client provides Supported Living, Residential, Outreach and Community Services to individuals with multiple or complex needs such as learning disabilities, autism, ABI and/or challenging behaviours.
We are looking for a full-time Registered Mental Nurse (RMN) to join the team in Rainham, Essex to support adults with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism, epilepsy, diabetes, bipolar disorder, OCD, and behaviours that challenge in a residential environment. Some service users also require support with a suprapubic catheter.
Due to the nature of this role it is desirable for the successful applicant to hold a full valid UK driving licence and to have access to their own vehicle.
• Monitoring service users’ mental wellbeing and instigating the appropriate action to ensure that mental wellbeing is maintained.
• Ensuring that the service users receive their depot injections.
• Ordering medication
• Checking received medication for accuracy
• Dealing with any medication-associated queries
• Administering medication
• Carrying out weekly medication audits
• Carrying out staff medication assessments alongside the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager
• Administering depot injections as per the MARS records
• Maintaining daily records on the mental wellbeing of service users and recording any actions taken
• Writing up CPA reports
• Attending CPA meetings and highlighting relevant issues to the service staff
• Attending appointments with service users in agreement with the shift leader
• Updating support plans and risk assessments, particularly in relation to mental wellbeing
• To work in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders in order to deliver safe, high quality services for the people we support
• Overseeing the provision of service-based and community-based activities
• Demonstrate a positive approach to active support in order to ensure that the people we support enjoy their lives
• Effectively manage and develop support staff in order to provide them with the necessary skills, experience, and behaviours
• Promote effective communication by actively participating in on-call shifts, team meetings, and service supervision etc.
• Assist the Service Manager to ensure effective administrative systems and procedures relating to the effective running of the service; shift plans, personal care plans (PCPs), etc.
• Ensure the needs and aspirations of the people we support are met through effective shift planning and meaningful PCPs
• Be responsible for coordinating identified PCPs and act as a PCP facilitator where necessary
The salary for the role is £29,406 per annum.
To apply for this role please forward a CV online or call Jay Gibbons on 0151 317 2626 to discuss.