Our client is a long established international law firm. They have a large number of offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, as well as close ties with firms in other parts of the world. The firm, whose London office is based in the heart of the City, offers excellent prospects and a comprehensive benefits package.
Outline of role
To provide an administrative service to the Firm for billing purposes. This will involve liaison with Partners, Fee Earners and PA's. The holder will take responsibility for coordinating the billing for a particular Practice Group and will be required to assist the Billing Manager with his duties.
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the department.
Day to day duties
• To maintain a portfolio of WIP in order to ensure timely billing and effective management of matters
• To attend monthly meetings with Partners to discuss billing
• To submit WIP reports to the Partners & Fee Earners when required
• To produce Billing Guides, Invoices & Credit Notes
• To generate reports from SSRS as required by the Partners & Fee Earners
• To prepare client invoices in accordance with instructions from Partners & Fee Earners
• To ensure e-billing requirements are met
• To ensure that invoices comply with agreed client fee arrangements
• To ensure that invoicing meets all statutory/legislative requirements
• To follow-up on timesheets to ensure that Partners & Fee Earners keep them up to date
• Proven billing coordinator experience essential
• Previous working knowledge of Aderant/Elite preferred
• Good knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS packages
• Familiar with SRA guidelines and VAT compliance
• Good communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Proven ability to use own initiative and a proactive attitude
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work produced
• Team player and flexible
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its