An international law firm with their main office in London close to Liverpool Street and offices thorough Europe, Asia and America. They are a great company that has seen a steady increase in growth and job opportunities. They invest in their staff and encourage training and development and internal promotion
Outline of role
• Responsible for chasing all unpaid invoices for their allocated London Practice Area and international offices.
• Liaising on a monthly basis with Partners and Fee Earners in respect of all outstanding bills.
• Agreeing with Partners, setting up and monitoring, fee payment schemes to ensure collection of debt. Liaising with the Revenue Manager when the schedule is breached.
• Dealing with clients via telephone and email.
• Maintaining relevant notes regarding debtors on the in-house credit control system.
• Attending regular meetings alongside management to review Partners’ ledgers.
• Generating credit checks and liaising with Partners on any potential issues.
• Responsible for checking all worldwide bills have been be sent to clients and the status being updated on the Credit Control system ready for chasing on the agreed payment date.
• Assisting Legal Cashier with cash allocations.
• Preparing paperwork, explanation and authorisation for any debt write offs.
• Overseeing the issue of credit notes and reissued invoices provided to the Revenue Controller having received authorisation with the client/Partner.
• Dealing with client requests for copy bills.
• Resolving queries directly with clients where possible, discussing with Partners if necessary and ensuring all queries are dealt with promptly.
• Generating Audit Reports requested by clients.
• Working closely with overseas’ Credit Controllers to ensure internal processes are correctly followed.
• Alerting Revenue Manager of any debts that not progressing as required.
• Covering other areas of the ledger for colleagues on holiday/sick etc
• Previous experience in a similar role, within a law firm or professional services.
• Confidence to deal effectively with clients, Partners, Fee Earners and Management.
• Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy.
• Good communication skills at all levels.
• A working knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its