A well respected, friendly down to earth and forward thinking Law firm based in the City.
They are leaders in their field of Law and are renown for developing and looking after their staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to get into the Legal sector with long standing career prospects.
Purpose of job:
The Revenue Control Assistant will work within a team of three revenue controllers who are responsible for the quick and efficient collection of
outstanding debts along with maintaining healthy levels of WIP by ensuring Fee earners and Partners raise bills on a monthly basis. The Revenue Control Assistant
will work closely with the Office and Client Account teams to ensure accurate allocations of receipts, bills are processed in time for month end and that transfers
from client account to office to pay bills are processed promptly. The Revenue Control Assistant will also report to the Revenue Control Supervisor on the status of unpaid debts and on any high levels of unbilled WIP.
Specific duties to include:
The role requires an organised and methodical approach to ensure all relevant WIP is billed and unpaid debts are chased on a regular basis. The successful candidate will also need to be confident and persuasive when communicating with both internal and external clients. Excellent telephone manner and writing skills are a prerequisite.
· Organising and attending regular monthly meetings with all allocated Partners and Fee Earners to discuss WIP levels, monthly billing and unpaid invoices
· Maintaining and reducing the Firm’s debtor levels (via telephone, e-mail and letter) within the allocated departments, to ensure all debts are chasing regularly and in-line with the Firm’s Credit Control Policy
· Ensuring precise records are posted to the ARCS credit control system and that the diary system is fully utilised
· Providing clients with copy invoices, statements and any additional information required in order to secure payment
· Working with the client and office cashiering teams for accurate allocation of payments, including the processing of client to office account transfers authorised by Fee Earners
· Judging and raising concerns and perceived risks with the Revenue Control Supervisor
· Providing guidance for accounting provisions for specific debts as part of the year end process
· Distribution of monthly client statements
· Distribution of regular debt and exposure reports to Fee Earners and Partners
· Preparation of cash accounts for client matters as required
· Taking of credit card payments from client over the phone and via the handheld terminal
· Dealing with queries from internal and external clients
· Filing and other ad-hoc duties.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this is a full description of the tasks and responsibilities of this role. However, it is not an exhaustive list.
The job description may be changed or developed at any time to reflect changes as required. However, changes will not be made without full consultation with the post-holder.
Good academics including English Language and Maths at GCSE standard or above
Knowledge and Technical Ability:
Strong administration, prioritisation and organisational skills
Excellent attention to detail
A good business understanding and commercial awareness.
Has a high standard of work and ability to c