Specialist multi disciplinary law firm with offices based across the west midlands.
Outline of role
The successful candidate will work within our Family, Divorce & Childcare Department.
- Experience within a Family department
- At least 2 years costs experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Excel skills
- Good working knowledge family and childcare
Day to day duties
- Preparation in the appropriate format of all types of bills, schedules and forms of costs
- Preparing the appropriate bundle for service, lodgement and/or assessment as necessary
- Advising on and attending to the conduct of appeals against costs decisions as and when appropriate
- Conduct of the service/lodgement/assessment/negotiation process
- Preparation and knowledge of High Costs Case Plans
- Advice and support to all partners, fee earners and support staff on costs and related recovery and billing issues.
- Attending upon detailed legal aid and assessments
- Appropriate fee earner support and education in respect of the costing process
- Liaise with people at all levels, including support staff in order to resolve legal aid and accounts queries to allow for conclusion and billing
- Such other support and administrative duties and correspondence as is from time to time necessary to fulfil the above remit.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its