An established multi disciplinary law firm based in Buckinghamshire that speaclises, in Private Client, Residential Conveyancing, Employment and Family.
Outline of role
As part of continued growth this Law Firm are seeking a part time Conveyancer to join the team.
- Qualified solicitors or CILEX
- Experience of working within Conveyancing
Day to day duties
- Researching information and communicating with clients and others in person, on the phone, by letter or by email;
- Using a computerised case management system, as more and more conveyancing tasks are now being done online;
- Taking instructions from clients;
- Seeking to protect clients' interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering;
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements;
- Obtaining or checking Land Registry documents or title deeds (if the land is unregistered);
- Drafting or checking sales contracts and agreeing terms with the conveyancer acting for the other party to the transaction;
- Collating and sending or checking supporting legal and financial documents;
- Exchanging contracts and completing the transaction;
- Dealing with all financial aspects of a transaction;
- If the property is leasehold, obtaining the landlord's agreement to the sale or the change of mortgage and dealing with apportionments of rent and service charges.
- Carrying out and checking pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence, or liability for unsound building structures and repairs;
- Receiving and checking mortgage instructions from lenders and undertaking specific tasks required;
- Preparing transfer and mortgage deeds;
- Receiving mortgage funds; paying stamp taxes and dealing with the registration of client and lender with the Land Registry.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
Within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its