Accounts Assistant required to join a small, owner managed, friendly company working in computer related services. Based in WC1 and adjacent to the West End, the role being created is part of a small finance team, reporting to the Finance Manager and other officers of the company.
This role will be responsible for maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers on Sage Line 50, managing credit control and assisting the Finance Manager as required.
The role will have specific responsibility for management of credit control and collection of client accounts. Ideal candidates should have demonstrable experience of account collection, have a good telephone and email manner and have experience in direct, independent client communication.
- Recording and maintenance of sales invoices
- Recording and processing of purchase invoices
- Posting bank payments and receipts
- Collection of outstanding client accounts
- Banking cheques, processing staff expenses & administration of petty cash
- Opening Finance mail & electronic and paper filing
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks as required
This position will suit an experienced book-keeper who is seeking more variety in their work and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to develop their career with a fast growing company with potential future career possibilities in this and other roles.
- Relevant accounting/book-keeping experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Sage or other accounting systems
- Good client facing manner and ability to collect client accounts
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A flexible and pro-active attitude, and happy to help the team as required
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its