We are currently looking for a Bookkeeper/Accounts Prep Semi-Senior to work in our Business Services team which is part of the Business Assurance team in the London office. The role will involve bookkeeping, client liaison, using a variety of accounting packages to prepare regular monthly or quarterly accounts as well as helping with some year end accounts. These assignments will either be office based or involving travel out to clients. They will also be expected to assist clients to meet deadlines and targets.
- Looking after a small portfolio of clients from beginning to end
- Bookkeeping on Sage including using bank reconciliations, posting prepayments and accruals, and amending chart of accounts.
- Use of similar roles on other accounting packages.
- May require installing and helping to train clients on Sage.
- On all assignments to assist in controlling WIP and monitoring work against agreed targets
- To act as the departments trouble shooter to assist staff and clients with accounting problems and advice on software packages, especially SAGE.
- Become familiar with and work towards meeting BAD goals and the Firm’s Client Charter.
- Continuously develop own knowledge and skills.
- Attend client meetings, build and develop good working relationships with clients and colleagues to develop further business over time.
- Individual Specification
- Able to project a professional, credible image with confident communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Knowledge of SAGE and other packages eg Quickbooks and SAPA and be able to install SAGE at clients and design specific SAGE reports.
- AAT qualified or almost qualified with accounts related experience, preferably on Sage or studying towards ACCA.
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines and cost budgets and be prepared to work as needed during the busy periods.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its