Opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a highly motivated and friendly accounts team working within the not for profit sector.
A diverse and challenging finance role which offers an opportunity to work on a part time basis 21 hours per week.
Immediate interviews are available for the successful candidates.
- Input journal entries for posting to Nominal Ledger by Accounts Manager or Deputy Accounts Manager to enable team to meet 6 days deadlines.
- Create own journals re miss postings.
- Distribute monthly ledger reports to General Managers.
- Support Payroll Supervisor in ensuring all payroll details are kept up to date, assist in running payroll and producing payslips, produce payroll reports as necessary, arrange payroll BACS payment.
- Reconcile Debtors and Creditors monthly (Agreeing prepayments and Accruals to Nominal).
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Assist the Accounts Manager with the month end routines including; journals, reconciliation’s and reporting.
- Deputise for the Deputy Accounts Manager on Sales Ledger processes, inc; invoices, BACS, fee reconciliation’s, monthly management reporting.
- Monitor petty cash returns for accurate opening balances and arrange “top ups” to agreed float, coding expenditure accordingly, check expenditure is appropriate
- Act as support in ensuring HQ Petty Cash is maintain/balanced in the absent of Payroll Supervisor
Essential work skills:
- All round accounts experience is essential
- Not for profit background would be a distinct advantage
- A Team player
- A candidate who is pro active
- A candidate with an interest in the not for profit making sector
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
Positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its