An international commercial law firm that gives strategic guidance to clients based in four core sectors: Transport, Trade, Energy & Infrastructure and Insurance.
Outline of role
Day to day responsibilities will include: the review and/or processing of both domestic and foreign invoices, professional disbursements and expense claims through the firm’s accounting/expense management system performing detailed checks and ensuring compliance with policies and VAT legislation. You will also have regular interaction with external suppliers, internal staff and partners in relation to queries.
- Team Player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Exceptional organisational skills, ability to work independently and multi-task
- Flexible and willing to work extra hours when required
- Ability to prioritise and handle ever-changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Chrome River and Elite Enterprise advantageous (but not essential)
- Experience working in a professional services firm environment would be an advantage
Day to day duties
- Undertake to ensure the accuracy of the payables ledger at all times by ensuring supplier invoices are accurately entered onto Chrome River on a daily basis and processed according to the firm’s procedures.
- Undertake to ensure that all invoices and expenses entered in Chrome River have been categorised correctly with the correct cost code and detailed narrative appropriate to that expenditure. Ensure the ‘business purpose’ narrative is grammatically correct and contains no spelling errors and all items are in compliance with and authorised in line with the expense policy, with any unauthorised expenditure highlighted to the relevant parties.
- Check invoice numbers, dates, values and currencies on the Chrome River invoice/expense report match the actual invoices and receipts uploaded in the system.
- Check Value Added Tax (VAT) is correct against all VAT invoices/receipts (where appropriate) and adjust the VAT element in Chrome River where necessary.
- Undertake monthly review of all pending approval and/or unpaid items in Chrome River to flag with assigned person to either return or approve and using initiative to clear down such items.
- To ensure that all supplier statements are fully reconciled against the payables ledger on a monthly basis in order to identify any discrepancies. Any reconciling items should be followed up with relevant parties immediately and logged on Chrome River for audit trail purposes and reassigned where necessary.
- Undertake monthly AP Aged Creditors review to include detailed review of AP Aging reports, matching any unallocated payments and credit notes to invoices and follow up on any unbilled disbursements.
- Management of regular travel invoices by reviewing/processing the allocation against pre-approved requests in Chrome River. Manage any failed transactions uploaded in Chrome River.
- Management of cash advances in relation to international travel, liaising with the firm’s external Travel provider as applicable.
- Management of Barclaycard corporate card account including requesting new cards and dealing with queries. Manage any failed transactions uploaded in Chrome River.
- In order to adhere to supplier payment terms, prepare regular bulk payment runs by BACS/CHAPS, ensuring all supporting backup documentation is provided for review in adva