A leading international legal business with offices across the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
They help their clients achieve sustainable growth and to defend their business and reputation. We do this by taking a tailored approach to providing commercial, transactional, claims, risk and advisory legal services.
The firm has been established for 250 years.
Outline of role
The successful candidate may also be required to work in the costs recoveries team, which will entail drafting Schedules/Bill of costs, preparing Replies to Points of Dispute, adopting suitable strategies to negotiate settlement and running claims to detailed assessment.
5 years costs experience ideally from a defendant background.
Day to day duties
- Handle a varied case load of costs challenges or costs recoveries with appropriate levels of supervision
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Ensure strict and ongoing adherence to benchmark standards in all work undertaken.
- Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of chargeable time, financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rates and average claim spend.
- Exercise full compliance with protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its