An international Top 20 - Law Firm, with their Head Office based in prestigious offices in the City of London. The firm offers excellent prospects for progression and our culture provides all of their people with word-class support to enable them to achieve their ambitions and goals.
Outline of role
This role will provide technical expertise to the financial systems team and their internal clients. Currently the internal clients are the Finance team globally, Risk and Compliance, Marketing and Business Development and in the future this may extend to the practice areas and other business services functions.
As this is also an internal client facing role the individual should be able to communicate effectively with users of varying technical ability and of all levels. The main focus of this technical role is the development and customisation of the PMS (Practice Management System) application to meet the firm’s increasing demands as it continues to expand e.g. new offices, mergers and lateral hires: • Customisation of the PMS using the PMS customisation tools. • Administration and development of Whitehill environment including the docudraft interface.
Essential Technical Skills:
- A competent working knowledge of SQL Server management studio including T-SQL, table comparisons, stored procedures, functions, triggers etc.
- A competent working knowledge of XML and or Basic Scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Good analytical skills.
IDEAL SKILLS (But not essential - Full Training will be given)
- Knowledge/experience of practice management systems e.g. Aderant Expert, Thomson Elite etc. and/or ERP systems
- Understanding Aderant Expert table structures.
- Experience of Whitehill application
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
-Customisation tools re Aderant Expert Application: o Database utilities - makepop and data dictionary editor.
- Customising the Aderant Expert user interfaces using screen painter tools
- Creating customised menus/security. Developing and managing existing security model
-Aderant Expert Generic Importer
- Initial set up and maintenance of generic importer tasks. The Aderant GI imports data from third party applications e.g. Carpe Diem. • Aderant Expert Event Scheduler
- Initial set up and maintenance of the scheduled tasks re Aderant Expert e.g. time and disbursement load from third party applications, posting manager
• Development of the formats relating to billing (prebill, bill, credit notes, cover letters, time and disbursement narratives) for all offices using Whitehill.
• Development of the Aderant Expert interface (docudraft)
• Test, support and maintain the Whitehill solution (working closely with financial systems analysts and users)
• Query Aderant Expert database using T-SQL
• Testing application upgrades, checking functionality
• Liaising with the IT and Finance departments
• Second level support to our internal clients globally
• Liaising with the software supplier re support issues, both day to day and through an upgrade.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- The successful candidate will have: Working Approach:
• Proven team working skills are essential for this role.
- A willingness to share knowledge and experience and to work as a team to achieve the required goal
- High quality work executed using best practice and a professional approach
- Self-motivated and both structured and organised in their ap