An award winning, International Law Firm with offices spread around the globe. Their London office is near Liverpool St Station and they offer their staff an opportunity to excel and achieve their professional objectives.
Outline of role
The E-Billing Coordinator is responsible for the submission of electronic invoices to clients on a monthly basis. The Coordinator assists with the transition of clients to e-billing and provides follow up support to attorneys, practice office staff, and clients in all aspects related to electronic billing. Experience
- A minimum of 3 years Legal Billing/EBilling experience involving billing processes and practices desired.
- Experience with Elite Billing system preferred. - Ability to test and troubleshoot multiple e-software applications, and identify potential problem areas.
- Familiarity with Ledes formats. Knowledge of ASCII and XML formats is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles. Ten-key by touch.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Organizational skills/project management skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Day to day duties
“Essential duties” are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Prepares and submits monthly e-invoices to corporate clients. Ensures all client and firm guidelines are followed during submission process.
2. Acts as liaison between billing attorneys, secretarial staff, and clients’ staff regarding electronic billing, as directed.
3. Populates, maintains, and updates data for assigned clients in the Elite system and clients’ external web applications. Ensures all relevant information is updated and correlated in the firm’s Elite system.
4. Coordinates resubmission of invoices with billing attorney/secretary, practice office accounting staff, and client representatives. Ensures corrective action is in place for future submissions.
5. Assists E-Billing Supervisor with the transition of clients to electronic billing. Coordinates necessary technical and logistic steps with internal staff, vendor staff, and clients’ designated employees.
6. Reviews clients’ guidelines and other written communication. Ensures compatibility with firm’s billing policies and resolves any potential discrepancies before live rollout.
7. Assists E-Billing Supervisor with e-billing systems by adding/removing user accounts, resetting passwords, assigning proper security levels, entering budgets, and updating status reports/ matter profiles in various subsystems.
8. Assists E-Billing Supervisor in the preparation, maintenance and update of e-billing manual, reference guides, and educational tools that support the e-billing operation firm wide.
9. Works with E-Billing Supervisor in analysing e-billing industry trends, proactively seeks ways to improve current process, and maximizes efficiency within the group.
10. Assists with month end billing overflow and year-end closing and reporting as required.
11.Assists with special projects and ad-hoc requests as directed by the E-Billing Supervisor and Billing Manager.
12.Completes projects on various issues when needed.
13.Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member