An international law firm with offices in 11 countries throughout the world and a large office based in the City of London close to Liverpool Street. They are a great company that invest in their staff and encourage training and development and internal promotion.
Outline of role
To provide prompt and efficient billing and WIP support to the Partners of the firm with the intention of maximising revenue. Assisting with the set-up and of special rates.
The role forms part of an Accounts team of 25 in London and a further 10 in our international offices.
• Technical skills must include a good understanding of SAR and VAT rules, preferably with knowledge of multi-currency and multi-jurisdictional billing. Extensive experience of working within a revenue control and / or billing function in a law firm.
• Well developed IT literacy, in particular Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word etc).
• Experience and knowledge of legal billing functionality preferably within either Aderant/CMS or Elite 3E/Elite Enterprise.
• Strong client service principals and experience of working with Partners and Senior Associates a prerequisite.
• Ability to take initiative and manage own workload.
• Ability to take responsibility for problem solving.
• Attention to detail and numerical accuracy.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Flexible in attitude and approach to work.
• Willingness to work beyond core hours when required.
• A smart and professional appearance at all times.
Day to day duties
• Taking responsibility for the billing/revenue generation process and WIP management for a portfolio of partners in the London office.
• Producing and issuing detailed WIP reports to partners and fee earners in London and International offices. Face to face discussions with partners and fee earners in London and telephone conferences with Partners in other offices to discuss billing related matters.
• Facilitating prompt billing and correct WIP valuation. Action responses which will include write offs, transfers, disbursement queries and closing files. Investigating and resolving queries in a timely manner.
• Processing of bills for London and certain other international offices. This will include credit notes, write offs and ad hoc queries.
• Producing and issuing reports on non-chargeable files and processing adjustments.
• Ensuring that all time and disbursements have been captured on draft bills.
• Ensuring adherence to Solicitors Accounts Rules and UK and EC VAT regulations.
• Developing an effective working relationship with Partners and Associates.
• Working with and support colleagues within the Revenue Control team to deliver a first class revenue management service.
• Providing information to partners and fee earners on WIP balances.
• Collating additional information for internal and external clients.
• Effective liaison with Management Accounts, Credit Control and Cashiers teams to provide a seamless service from the Revenue team.
• Reviewing new engagements and entering rates on CMS.
• Other ad hoc tasks as agreed by the Revenue Manager
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application h