An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal Cashier to work within a professional law firm based in the West End. This is an excellent varied position working with a small friendly accounts department. The successful candidate would report directly to the Account Manager
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all accounting records are kept up to date accurately and punctually. Issuing cheques, dealing with paying in and day to day banking, preparing telegraphic transfers/CHAPS payments for authorisation and maintaining strict compliance with firm's Lexcel Practice Management policies, the Solicitors Accounts Rules and all SRA regulations that relate to the running of a solicitors practice accountants department.
1. To act as legal cashier of the accounts department having due regard to the policies and procedures of the firm as defined in the Office Manual, including
- Carrying our day to day banking functions
- Issuing cheques from client and office account
- Dealing with client and office receipts
- Bill checking and posting
- Inter-account transfers
- Purchase ledger
- Posting journal entries to nominal accounts
- Keeping client and office account ledgers up to date and posting all transactions regularly and efficiently;
- Administering cheque and payments in
- Dealing with daily queries from Partners, Legal Staff and Secretaries in relation to accounting queries;
- Ensuring compliance to Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Liaising with the firm's suppliers and paying the invoices
- Organising telegraphic transfers/CHAPS/BACS payments as required subject to authorisation and approval by a partner
- Liaising with the customer service team at the firm's bank, Barclays Bank Plc, as necessary
- Credit control bad debt collection when required
2. Financial management in liaison with fee earners including time/disbursements recording and receiving information and inputting it as required, assisting with financial queries relating to files
3. To ensure that the best of your ability fee earners are kept satisfied in relation to accounts matters and reporting any formal complaints or concerns relating to any financial or accounts based enquiries to the Managing Partner for investigation.
Experience of working as a Legal Cashier in the accounts department of a law firm
Conversant with Solicitors' Accounts Rules
Proficiencies IT literate with knowledge of Excel.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of it's Clients.