My Client is a Top Law Firm by Liverpool Street and they are currently recruiting for a Revenue Controller.
The Revenue Controller is responsible for managing the firm's billing and revenue function and assisting the firm to achieve its financial targets by providing an efficient and commercially focused service throughout the firm. A key aspect of this role is establishing relationships in order to gain knowledge about the clients and matters of the departments, quickly following up on matters that have concluded or have reached billing stage and ensuring they are responded to in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the revenue aspects of a specified group of Partners and fee earners within the firm
- Conducting a regular review of WIP reports for your group and arranging review meetings with Partners and fee earners
- Holding meetings with Partners and fee earners to discuss WIP & AR in order to determine most appropriate course of action
- Ensuring the timely processing of bills
- Checking VAT and numerical calculations on bills and compliance to VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Maintenance of transfers of time/cost and write-off's
- Production of credit notes where necessary
- Regular analysis of client/matter information in relation to archiving
- Keeping Partners and fee earners up to date on outstanding matters
- Responding to internal and external queries in relation to all revenue/billing/credit control matters
- Maintaining client records accurately
- Filing all billing and accounts information in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring compliance to VAT and Solicitors Accounts Rules where necessary
Five years plus previous experience of working in a legal environment including exposure to billing, VAT, disbursements and Credit Control
* Understanding or experience of billing in a foreign currency and associated issues
* Strong IT skills including intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
* Experienced in using of Elite, 3E, CMS or similar legal accounting system
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
* Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels within an organization
* Proven ability to manage own workload and prioritise in order to meet deadlines
* Ability to work under pressure
* Self-motivated with good organizational skills
* A professional and efficient approach to work
* Enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills
* Keen eye for detail
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of