The firm is an exciting litigation practice based in Central London. With founding partners joining from across some of the best commercial litigation practices and chambers in the city, the firm focuses on the highest quality, most complex commercial and international arbitration cases for major corporates and financial institutions
Outline of role
To compile Bills of costs including detailed advice of all work performed and disbursements incurred.
To deal with the assessment of costs of litigation and arbitration proceedings.
To assist a Senior Costs Lawyer in developing a small costs team to provide a full in-house costs service
- The successful candidate will have 5 years as a Costs Lawyer
- A thorough knowledge of all relevant law and practice for costs recovery at High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court level.
- Experience in drafting large Bills of costs (>£1m in costs)
- Excellent and proven negotiating skills.
- Experience of oral costs assessment hearings.
- Up to date knowledge of all new costs rules, Mitchell conditions, use of Precedent H, etc.
- Familiarity with the rules surrounding CFAs and ATE insurance.
- Ability to design precedent schedules and other materials for general use.
- An all-rounder (ability to draft costs budgets, estimates, statements of costs, Bills of costs, points of dispute; replies and attend detailed assessment hearings).
- Able to deal with large, complex matters from cradle to grave with minimal supervision.
- Able to work under pressure to meet court and internal deadlines.
- Competent with Excel and Word
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we
positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability
to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
& an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its