An award winning, International Law Firm with 50 offices spread around the globe. Each office strategically pairs local market knowledge with the firm's global resources.
They advise clients across a wide spectrum of transactional, litigation, corporate and regulatory areas.
Outline of role
Working in a friendly but busy department, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and performing professional and complex accounts payable duties for the office.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in the accounts payable area. They require a methodical, analytical person used to working within a high pressurised office in a team environment with a strong customer service focus. Soimebody with an analytical mind.
Working within a legal or partnership background would be advantageous but not essential for the right candidate. The role would also suit a candidate with a degree in Accounting with the relevant working skill set.
Day to day duties
- Reconciles and balances accounts payables.
- Maintains, files, and coordinates A/P records in agreement with firm's policies and procedures.
- Develops spreadsheets to organize and keep record of normal and uncharacteristic payments
- Works with Chrome River Invoice to verify accuracy of data and adherence to VAT requirements
- Researches invoices and vendor statements to ensure against incorrect payments
- Assists with preparing and/or recording general ledger corrections.
- Prepares payments in accordance with SRA Accounts Rules.
- Prepares ad-hoc CHAPS and foreign payments in addition to a weekly BACS run.
- Reviews various accounts and verifies data.
- Processes and/or compiles financial data or records according to standard procedures and methods.
- Reviews accounting documents for completeness and mathematical accuracy.
- Communicates with vendors and internal customers about requests and updates them on the progress.
- Answers questions and directs correspondence to the appropriate individual.
- Assists with special projects on various topics as needed.
- Promotes effective work practices and works as a team member.
- Supports and guides Accounts Payable Assistant.
- Use of Excel spreadsheets
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.