An International Law Firm who have expanded geographically to suit the needs of their clients and operates from offices throughout Europe, Asia & America. Their UK arm office is based in prestigious offices within the City of London.
Outline of role
Assist the Accounting Services Manager and the Director of Finance International with day to day duties.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a legal sector or professional services background and hold an accounting qualification (Finalist AAT - part qualified - ACCA, CIMA), strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and communication skills, reliability and commitment.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and an eye for detail
- High level of numerical and computer literacy and competence
- Ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and maintain flexibility with work assignments and schedule
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
Day to day duties
- Monthly GL detail review for all London & Germany
- Monthly reconciliation of the German local accounting system
- Preparation of monthly Finance Packs
- Various analysis work as and when required
- Reviewing monthly office expenditure reports and reporting to Accounting Services Manager
- Overseeing GL and Budget department coding and recording prior to them being approved by the Accounting Services Manager
- Review all other balance sheet reconciliations prior to them being approved
- Monthly auditing of the new vendors, invoices, journals and expenses ensuring strict compliance with firm policies
- Overseeing accurate recording into accounts system and VAT journal
- Monthly reconciliation of VAT account in accounts system and dealing with foreign currency differences
- Monthly random review of all billing team's invoices and ensuring compliance with internal policies and SRA guidelines
Charities Aid Foundation
- Assist the Accounting Services Manager with running the internal Charities Aid Foundation account, drawing cheques and monthly reconciliations.
- Reviewing procedures and driving forward new initiatives where appropriate
- Ensuring that the firm acts within local jurisdictional regulations
- Management of internal controls
- Dealing with daily accounts queries from partners and staff
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought.
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf o